Before the regular Xiaomi Redmi 9 series, they launched Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Series. Note 9 Series was one of the most awaited series. And now, Xiaomi just released their first model from the regular 9 series on June 10, 2020.
The new Xiaomi Redmi 9 features a quad camera setup. And the price tag is very aggressive, which means it surely is a mid-range smartphone. This smartphone will be powered by the same chipset which is used in Realme 6i smartphone. As the focus of the phone will be the camera. And as well as the battery which has the 5,020 mAh capacity.
The Redmi 9 features a bezel less display with small waterdrop notch. The screen size is 6.53 inch where company claims to have the 89.83% screen-to-body ratio. The display type used in this smartphone is IPS LCD and has FHD+ resolution of 1080×2340 pixels. The aspect ratio having 19.5:9 with density of 395 PPI. The screen has rounded corners as most of the phones are in this generation.
The handset looks sleek in terms of design and has matt finish in colors. The main thing is the quad camera setup on the rear camera. Three Cameras are aligned straight on center with the fingerprint sensor. The fourth camera lies beside lining up with the LED Flash. The front camera is placed in waterdrop notch in-front. As well, the rear side looks stunning with the matte finish.
Xiaomi Redmi 9 presents 4 camera lenses with wide, ultra-wide, depth and macro. The primary sensor is of 13 MP with aperture of f/2.2, a 2 MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture. There will be an 8 MP ultra-wide lens with aperture of f/2.2 having 118 ̊ view angle. And the fourth lens is a 5 MP macro lens with f/2.4 aperture. For the front, there’s an 8 MP 27mm wide camera lens of aperture of f/2.0.
Under the performance, there’s a MediaTek Helio G80 SoC CPU. Redmi 9 is designed with 3 GB and 4 GB RAM paired with 32 GB and 64 GB internal storage. Storage can be expanded by using microSD card up to 512 GB. Along with the 2 nano-SIM card slots. The handset operates on MIUI 12 based on Android 10.
Battery and Other Features
The Xiaomi Redmi 9 has the power battery capacity of 5,020 mAh. The non-removable battery supports 18W Fast Charging. Also, some other features are Type-C port, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, headphone jack, Infrared port and speakers.
Xiaomi Redmi 9 Specifications
- Body: 163.3 x 77 x 9.1 mm, 198 g
- Display: 6.53 inches, IPS LCD, 400 nits (typ)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio
- IP Rating: No, Water-repellent coating
- Glass Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: Mediatek Helio G80 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- Storage and RAM: 32GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- OS: Android 10, MIUI 11
- Rear Camera:
- Quad Cameras
- Primary: 13 MP, f/2.2, 28mm (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.12µm, PDAF
- Ultrawide: 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚
- Macro: 5 MP, f/2.4
- Depth: 2 MP, f/2.4
- Quad Cameras
- Front Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, 27mm (wide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- Video Resolution:
- Rear: [email protected]
- Front: [email protected]
- Audio: Loudspeakers
- Security: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), Software based Face Unlock
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, NFC, Infrared, FM-radio, USB Type-C 2.0
- Battery: Li-Po 5020 mAh
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
- Colors: Carbon Gray, Sunset Purple, Ocean Green, Pink/Blue
Xiaomi Redmi 9 Price in Nepal and Availability
User can choose between three colors; Black, Purple and Green. In terms of availability Redmi 9 will be available across 1800+ Mi stores and from online platform Sastodeal from 2nd August. The handset has launched in Nepal with price tag of Rs. 16,999 and Rs. 17,999 for 3/32GB and 4/64GB variants. The device is will be available across 1800+ Mi offline stores and Sastodeal from 2nd August. Read along to know more about the Redmi 9, along with its specs, features, official price, and availability in Nepal.
|Smartphone Model||Price in Nepal|
|Xiaomi Redmi 9||NPR 16,999 (3/32GB)|
NPR 17,999 (4/64GB)