Xiaomi came up with first Mi smartphone a decade back. Now, they have just brought the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra. A decade with 10 different series from Mi. Also, Mi 10 Ultra becomes the first Ultra smartphone in the Mi series. Mi 10 Ultra is an improved and upgraded version of Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro. There is so many things this device offers. So, let’s jump into the specifications, features, availability and price of Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 available in Nepal!
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra Overview
Design and Display
Getting started with the display, it has 6.67-inches screen as qual to Mi 10 Pro. This device uses OLED panel with FHD+ resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. The phone has the 19.5:9 aspect ratio with 386 ppi pixel density. Comparing with predecessor Mi 10 Pro, it is pretty similar on display. Except the OLED panel and the 120Hz refresh rate where Mi 10 Pro had Super AMOLED panel and 90Hz. Also, there is a in-display punch-cutout for front camera on the top left corner.
Display also includes and in-display fingerprint scanner. Checking the design, It has a curve-edge screen and a glass built back with an aluminum body. The big notice is on rear side, the camera setup design has been changed than in the predecessor. The new rectangular camera bump has 4 camera sensors including LED flash. As trend, there is no 3.5mm headphone jack port. On the right side, volume rocker button and the power button is placed. On the bottom area, USB Type-C charging port is available to connect the 120W fast charger.
Performance and Memory
Moving on to the performance, the device offers Qualcomm Snapdragon 865. Xiaomi could have used the latest SD 865+ chipset for this flagship smartphone. It seems, there is now change on processor from the Mi 10 Pro. Furthermore, the device has same Qualcomm’s Adreno 650 GPU with Octa-core CPU clocked at 2.84 GHz at max.
Thus, it is available in three RAM variants: i.e. 8 GB, 12 GB and 16 GB. Similarly, there is three options for the memory too: 128 GB, 256 GB and 512 GB internal storage variants. These are LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 storage. Some slight changes over the predecessor.
Also Read: Redmi Note 9 Pro Max Launched in Nepal!
The rectangular camera setup on rear offers quad camera lens and for front 1 lens on punch hole setup. The front camera is same as in Mi 10 Pro. However, the rear camera lenses has been changed.
The primary rear camera lens is of 48 MP now with f/1.9 aperture whereas second lens is also of 48 MP telephoto lens with f/4.1 aperture. This 48 MP telephoto / periscope lens has 5x optical zoom and 120x hybrid zoom. Other 2 lenses are 12 MP Portrait lens and 20 MP ultra-wide lens having aperture of f/2.2. The both 48 MP sensors are capable of recording 8K video.
On the front, the device sets an 20 MP wide angle lens having aperture of f/2.3. Front camera is also capable of HDR and Panorama shots including 1080p at 30fps video recording.
Also Check: Infinix Hot 9 Play Launched in Nepal!
Battery and Others
Moving on to the batteries, it packs a 4,500 mAh battery which is not changed in this model as well. And best thing is, it supports 120W fast charging on wire basis. Company claims, it take 23 minutes to full charge from 0 level. Also, it supports 50W fast wireless charging which can full charge the device in 40 minutes. Reverse charging feature isn’t a new thing but it can reverse wireless charge as 10W.
Most importantly, the device operates on its MIUI 12 and Android 10. Other features are: Wi-Fi 6, bluetooth 5.1, GPS, Type-C, 8K recording and stereo speakers.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra Specifications
- Body: 162.4 x 75.1 x 9.5 mm, 221.8 g
- Display: 6.67 inches, OLED, 1B colors, HDR10+, 800 nits (HBM), 1120 nits (peak)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio
- Refresh Rate: 120Hz
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 5G (7 nm+)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Storage and RAM: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 16GB RAM
- OS: Android 10, MIUI 12.5
- Rear Camera:
- Quad Cameras
- Primary: 48 MP, f/1.9, 25mm (wide), 1/1.32″, 1.2µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- Periscope: 48 MP, f/4.1, 120mm (periscope telephoto), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS, 5x optical zoom
- Telephoto: 12 MP, f/2.0, 50mm (telephoto), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- Ultrawide: 20 MP, f/2.2, 128˚, 12mm, 1/2.8″, 1.0µm, PDAF
- Quad Cameras
- Front Camera: 20 MP, f/2.3, (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm
- Video Resolution:
- Audio: Stereo speakers, 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Security: Fingerprint sensor (under display, optical), Software based face unlock
- Connectivity: 5G, dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.1 GPS (dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS), NFC, Infrared, USB Type-C 2.0
- Battery: Li-Ion 4500 mAh
- Fast wireless charging 50W
- Reverse wireless charging 10W
- Quick Charge 5, Quick Charge 4+
- Power Delivery 3.0
- Color: Obsidian Black, Mercury Silver, Transparent Edition
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra Price and Availability
The device is available in 2 colors basically: Obsidian Black and Mercury Silver. Both have ceramic finish. The third option isn’t just color, it is limited Transparent Edition which becomes most attractive.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra pricing starts at CNY 5,299 which is around $760 for the 8/128 GB variant. The for the 8/256 GB variant, it is priced at CNY 5,599 which is around $805. The other two variants are 12/256 GB and 16/512 GB. 12/256 GB is priced at CNY 5,999 which is about $865 and 16/512 GB is at CNY 6,999 which can be converted around $1,005. The sale will exclusively starts from August 16.
However, Xiaomi hasn’t disclosed about global launch, and international shipping. We can expect a separate launch event for the Global version. If the device enter Nepalese market, the price may start approx. at Rs. 92,000.
|Model Name||Price in Nepal [Expected]*|
|Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra (8/128 GB)||Rs. 92,000 *|
|Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra (8/256 GB)||Rs. 97,000 *|
|Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra (12/256 GB)||Rs. 1,03,000 *|
|Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra (16/512GB)||Rs. 1,20,000 *|