After a lots of constant leaks and renders OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro was finally official back in April. Both the smartphone packs the powerful hardware components making it one of the fastest android smartphones out in the market. Unlike its predecessor OnePlus 8 Pro consists of all the features, you’d expect from the flagship device (improved camera, wireless charging and IP rating) making it competitive with other flagship devices. The handset should have been launched bit earlier but due to lock down it got delayed. However, the device is about to launch in Nepal now. Go through the article to find out specs, price and availability in Nepal.
OnePlus 8 Pro Overview
Display and Design
The OnePlus 8 Pro comes with all new glamorous 6.78” Fluid AMOLED display with tiny bezels.The panel has a QHD+ resolution with 120Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate to minimize input lags, smother animations and general animations. The display has an optical fingerprint senor underneath and supports HDR10+. OnePlus has also included a custom MEMC (Motion Estimate Motion Compensation) which interpolate 24ps video to 120fps.
The back panel has a curved glass design with a matte finish to give a premium look and feel whereas the rear cameras are arranged differently. As the device packs the quad camera setup, three camera module are placed in the bumpy rectangular camera housing at the top center of the back and the remaining one is placed outside of it. The motorized popup camera of previous model has been replaced by a punch-hole camera. The device is IP68 rated along gorilla glass protection. Thus, it is dust resistant and can survive 1.5 meters of water for up to 30 mins.
OnePlus has always been about speed and never failed to provide faster performance. On the hood it packs a top tier Snapdragon 865 SoC with native 5G support. You can choose between 8GB or 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM complemented with 128GB and 256GB of UFS 3.0 storagerespectively. For gamer the device features haptic vibration 2.0 for feedbacks.
On the software front the device runs on Android 10.0 and OxygenOS 10.0. OnePlus claims there are 280 new optimization that are designed to make Android experience smoother.
OnePlus 8 Pro has improved its camera section with quad camera system. The phone has two 48 MP cameras, telephoto sensor and a color filter camera. The main 48 MP IMX689 sensor from Sony features a omni-directional autofocus on all pixels and dual native ISO for better noise reduction in low light. The other 48 MP sensor is ultra-wide lens which is also form Sony (IMX586) and has 120-degree field of view. It also behaves as a macro shooter taking photos at 3 cm distance. The third camera module in the setup is 8 MP telephoto module with an aperture of f/2.4. The lens is capable of 3x hybrid optical zoom and 30x digital zoom. Another plus point is it features OIS. The color filter camera is the fourth module which completes the setup. Basically what ii does is supports lightning effects and filters for photography.
On the front the device packs a 16 MP f/2.5 aperture wide lens to capture good looking selfies.
In the video department, it records 4K video at 60fps using the Single Shot 3-HDR feature, greatly enhancing the dynamic range. There’s hybrid OIS and EIS for stabilizing the video.
Battery and Miscellaneous
Finally, OnePlus has adopted the wireless charging. OnePlus has introduced 30W Wrap Charge which tends to charge 50% battery in just 30mins. The handset also comes with 3W reverse wireless charging. 8 Pro packs 4,510 mAh battery which can be charged up to 50% in just 23mins through its 30W Wrap Charge 30T. It also supports wireless charging of 3W.
OnePlus 8 Pro Specifications
- Body: 165.3 x 74.4 x 8.5 mm, 199 g
- Display: 6.78 inches, Fluid AMOLED panel, Always-on display, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- Refresh Rate:120Hz
- Glass Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 5G (7 nm+)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- RAM: 8 / 12 GB
- Storage:128 / 256 GB
- OS: Android 10, upgradable to Android 11, OxygenOS 11
- Rear Camera:
- Quad Cameras
- Primary: 48 MP, f/1.8, 25mm (wide), 1/1.43″, 1.12µm, omnidirectional PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- Telephoto: 8 MP, f/2.4, 1/1.0µm, PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom
- Ultra-wide: 48 MP, f/2.2, 14mm, 116˚, 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- Monochrome: 2 MP, f/2.4 Color filter: 5 MP, f/2.4
- Quad Cameras
- Front Camera: 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.0µm
- Video Resolution:
- Front: [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Audio: Stereo speakers
- Security: Fingerprint (under display, optical), Software-based face-unlock
- Connectivity: 5G, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6,, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, SBAS), NFC, USB Type-C 3.1
- Battery: Li-Po 4510 mAh
- Fast charging 30W
- Fast wireless charging 30W
- Reverse wireless charging 3W
- Charging: Glacial Green, Ultramarine Blue, Onyx Black
OnePlus 8 Pro Price in Nepal and Availability
As promised by OnePlus the phone is available under $1,000 in international market. OnePlus 8 Pro is now available in Nepal. The base 8/128GB variant will costs you Rs. 1,10,000 while the 12/256GB variant set your back for Rs. 1,25,999.
|OnePlus 8 Pro||Price in Nepal (Official)|