Instagram is one of the most popular social media used now a days. Instagram allows a user to upload photos or even short videos up to 60 seconds. Then later they get update and got stories. And more update brought IGTV where you can post long videos as well.
Instagram is mostly used in mobile application where some features like deactivating or disabling account for temporary is not available. For this either you need to use Instagram website on mobile browser of desktop.
So, to deactivate your Instagram account you can follow steps below:
- First of all, go to “Instagram website” on your browser on mobile or computer. You can’t disable or deactivate on the Instagram app.
- There you should login the account you want to disable. Make sure you login properly and also should remember the password. You will need password for the deactivate process.
- As you login your account, go to the profile section.
- And there go tap or click on the “Settings” icon or the “Edit Profile” button.
- On edit profile page, scroll down to bottom. There you will see “Temporarily disable my account” text on blue color.
- After that, there you will see some blank space asking you a question. On that page, you need to select the reason why you are disabling your account.
- After that you should enter your password to continue ahead for security reasons.
- And, then you can click or tap on the “Temporarily Disable Account” button.
After the final step, your account will be disabled. As you disable your account, the account data will be hidden in public and not photo or data will be visible. This process can be used if you want to take break from the Instagram. Or currently not using but later you will use it again.
For reactivating account later, you shall remember the password. Because to reactive, same login process is done. So, you just need to sign in normally and you will get back your account.
The process for deactivating temporarily and reactivating it is easy and can be done anytime using browser on mobile device or computer.
Also Check: How to create a Windows 10 USB recovery drive?